Plans are in motion for the 70th Annual Meeting of the American Physical Society Division of Fluid Dynamics, to be held November 19 – 21, 2017 in downtown Denver, Colorado.
The Local Organizing Committee (LOC) will be responsible for
- Abstract sorting and program schedule
- Gallery of Fluid Motion;
- Invited Speakers (7-8);
- Special lunches; Student Lunch, Fluids Education Lunch etc;
- Reception venue, menu and entertainment
- Technical Program session mechanics, poster and oral
- Student volunteer coordination;
- Session chair recruitment
- Publicity and Publications (such as this meeting website)
plus a whole host of other aspects.
If you are involved in fluid mechanics here in Colorado or you just want to help, participation in the LOC is a great way to serve your professional community and gain global recognition for your organization. Please email us
We are also recruiting for help sorting abstracts (we are expecting 3500 of them!) in Boulder, CO on August 9 and 10 Thanks!
Co-Chairs, DFD 2017 Local Organizing Committee