The Technical Poster Session and the Student Poster Competition are for APS-submitted posters only, and is distinct from the Gallery of Fluid Motion posters and videos. Posters with mainly artistic content are recommended to be submitted to the Gallery of Fluid Motion.
The Technical Poster Session of the DFD Meeting is open to all participants by selecting the poster presentation option when submitting a contributed abstract. Entries submitted by students are further eligible for the Student Poster Competition that constitutes a specific opportunity for graduate and undergraduate students to enhance their presentation skills and to build their professional network.
The Technical Poster Session will be held on Monday, November 20th during the afternoon refreshment break on Concourse E. Those posters designated as Student Posters will be judged and awarded 1st and 2nd Prize for “Best Poster” in several categories.
Winners in each category will receive awards and recognition during the meeting, and will be highlighted in the DFD Newsletter.
- A first author may submit an oral presentation OR a poster, but NOT both.
- Cash prizes of $250 for first place and $150 for second place will be awarded in each category.
Poster Presenter Guidelines:
- Posters will be hung on a tack board, with an available display area of 45″ x 45″ (1.21 x 1.21 m). The posters can be hung with push pins, which will be provided at an information and supply table in the Grand Concourse.
- Posters will be displayed in the Grand Concourse at the Colorado Convention Center
- Posters must be placed before 9:00 am on Sunday, November 19, 2017.
- Mount poster in numbered space reserved for it. (Numbers will be assigned after the submission window has closed).
- Posters must be removed by 3:00 pm Tuesday, November 21, 2017 or they will be discarded.